Saturday, July 4, 2009

Lazy Day & Fireworks

All in all today has been a super quiet easy day. I slept in a bit, had some breakfast, had some lunch. Gary and Wix got to work, a half day. Right now we are just waiting for them to get home so we can go to the fireworks. We went outside, poked around in our little vegetable garden. Bunny blew bubbles, Honey tried to pop them. Bean spotted a beautiful red tiger lily, even I have to admit I have never seen one that color before. Then Bunny and Bean tried to catch butterflies. Honey went down for a nap and us girls had goldfish and pretzels. The weather is beautiful and we are hoping for some good fireworks tonight. Still not sure if we are staying local or going to New Haven. Our beach sticker expired and so we really do not feel like paying to see fireworks. I am jonesing for a Peanut Butter Dreamer shake from the gym so much so that I am contemplating packing up everyone and driving there just to get a shake!!
We'll see how Bunny does tonight at the fireworks she is excited but nervous. All day she has been asking me 'Are the fireworks tonight?'. I kept saying Yes, tonight. Then somewhere in there she got very upset because it was at night and not during the day. So instead of arguing with her or fueling her melt down, over the dark, I just said Lets talk about it later. As in later when the fireworks are starting...She keeps insisting on sitting in the car but that won't be possible. Yesterday she insisted on sitting in the back row. I just said 'Sounds great!'. I am confident that once we all get there and are having fun she will just follow the general mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment