Saturday, July 4, 2009

Yesterday

Birth-3 came out to the house. The Speech Therapist for Honey, she is going to come 2x a month. I was a little surprised because initially we had discussed her coming out 1x a month. I was happy with this change though, I'll take what I can get. He is doing better and it seems that Yale's concerns were not unfounded but they are just overly cautious. Birth-3 is mainly concerned with family history. While Pediatric Therapy is concerned with the whole picture, so I have decided to adopt the view of the pediatric therapists. Being in the middle of the road helps me to still weigh options, take care of the delays but not lose myself in an emotional tailspin. We still have to get Bean into an evaluation for her Dichotic Listening Program (SLP). I am not 100% on exactly what that is, but we'll see, I will find out soon enough!! As for OT Honey is doing 5 sessions and then he should be 'fine'. I am going to have him evaluated every 6m though, so 18m, 2yrs etc.
I still have not heard back from our lawyer, concerning Bunny, but considering it is the fourth, I am not going to expect to hear from her till after the holiday. Although I am 100% sure the paperwork went out, to the school, on either thurs/fri.
Last night Gune came over to watch the kidlets w/ my brother. I think it was Clint Eastwood night? Anyway Gary and I had a good time, it's hard to unwind though. It's almost like you need a complete night to unwind, a day to sleep, a day to do something for yourself and then a day together :) I would miss the kids in there though. Although I am going on a mini-momcation next week, I got all my plans set up and am really excited!! I am staying home but just going to take a bunch of Yoga classes, go to the beach, get a message, a facial, my nails done. Not answer any emails (unless its the lawyer) for 3 days or my phone calls. Just a break to recharge my batteries before we start the mediation process against the school- exciting...
Anyway last night we went to Leon's in New Haven off of Long Wharf it was SO GOOD. It was a lot pricier than I thought it would be, we did mean to go to Jimmy's but missed the exit. Then realized we couldn't even remember the last time we were in West Haven and how to get to Jimmy's at all. Once we were done eating we went to the beach where we sat and looked at the moon, stars and fireworks. It was nice, I honestly didn't want to leave but we started getting chewed up by the knats.
Note to self: always keep bug spray handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment